Lightning Object Creator is a new platform service that boosts productivity by allowing any employee to quickly turn spreadsheets — such as Microsoft Excel, Google Sheets, Quip Spreadsheets, and comma-separated value (.csv) files — into modern, cloud-based apps with just a few clicks. Lightning Object Creator is currently in pilot and will be made generally available in the first half of 2019.
First of all, it is a cloud-hosted application, which means that Salesforce handles all of the underlying infrastructure. This includes things such as a focus on customer success and trust, and a secure, multi-tenant infrastructure that scales for every single customer around the world.
At the same time, Lighting Platform is a full low-code platform that empowers everyone to build apps fast, with each object supporting:
- Collaboration, with a social feed built into every object
- Instant mobility, with simple deployment across desktop and mobile devices
- A configurable UI, including interface elements such as buttons, links, and actions, so that different users can have different, personalized experiences based on their business requirements
- An open API, enabling integration and automation
- Workflow and triggers, automating core business process execution with ease
- Identity management and security, protecting access and providing role-based access controls
- Pre-built reports and dashboards, adding business insights in from the start
- Activity tracking and field history, enabling additional insight, control, and compliance
- Global search, so end users can find what they are looking for
- Custom relationships, letting you easily associate different objects via different relationship types for added value